Tuesday 18 March 2014

BAUHAUS
COLLABORATION
with Katie Player

During this project I am taking every opportunity to collaborate with as many people as I can. Although this theme doesn't fit in with my brand it was a great opportunity to practice some of the new skills in beauty makeup I have learnt over the past month.



Katie the photographer I was working with sent me a variety of different images based on the Bauhaus art movement found in 1920's German. We often associate  white walls, clean lines and the use of glass and concrete as modern and contemporary ideas. And they are, except that those same ideas have been around for nearly a century now thanks to the unique influence of the Bauhaus school of art and architecture. 

Together we produced a mood board to inspire the makeup I would create on the day. Katie wanted to produce a series of images as part of a fashion supplement featuring different clothing and jewelry.  The makeup I created needed to be versatile as it would be kept the same across all the clothing changes. Using primary colours was a key aspect of the style. 

Creating a clean skin was essential to making the colours pop around the eyes and lips. Using tape I was able to create sharp lines around the eyes, inspired by Pat Mcgrath's makeup look for Dior's fall couture collection in 2010. She used sharp lines and contrasting colours to create beautiful and clean makeup.









Over all I was really happy with the look produced for this shoot and the feedback from the photographer was great! I was able to use the skills learnt in order to create a flawless natural finish to the skin. I also used the techniques taught to create a perfect red lip. I feel my makeup is becoming more refined. 

The hair was kept very simple swept off the face into a high pony tail I made sure it was sleek and perfectly central. Beauty hair doesn't look very complex but I have learnt the key to creating a perfect finish is to prep the hair correctly. To create this hair look I started by running styling oil through the lengths of the hair the to achieve a poker straight finish I ran GHD's through before putting the hair into a ponytail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment