Wednesday 19 March 2014

BAUHAUS SHOOT
With fashion photographer Chloe

Working with another Fashion Photography student Chloe with the same Bauhaus theme allowed me to create a makeup look with a completely different angel. Originally the photographer wanted a grid shape painted across the face with the lips blocked out in blue. I did not think this would look polished and it would clash against the garments she had brought to style the shoot. We decided on a sharp graphic liner look inspired by Pat Mcgrath. This would be complimented by a bold lip.



Preview images from the shoot

Making the skill flawless was a key part of this look. I used Illamasqua skin base to create an even skin tone. On top I used Mac Harmony blush to contour the face as well as TheBalm highlighter on the top of the cheek bones. 


Working with Afro hair was definitely a huge challenge for me as I has never been taught how best to style it. Naturally the models hair was in tight spiral curls. The photographer wanted her hair to be poker straight, slicked up into a high ponytail with different coloured ribbon around the base. I found it difficult to smooth the hair out and this is something I need to practice a lot as well as learn what the best products would be to keep in my kit in order to style Afro hair. 



Eye liner has become one of my strongest skills within makeup, I wear it everyday myself and also use it on a lot of my makeup clients at work for part makeup. It is such a key staple and I am so happy I feel confident with the application of perfect liner. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

LOOK TWO





No comments:

Post a Comment