Tuesday 18 March 2014

RETRO SHOOT
Photographed by Natasha Ayres

Collaborating with fashion photography student; Natasha Ayres was a great opportunity to practice some of the skills learnt this semester to create a clean beauty look. She is producing a beauty supplement magazine for one of her units. Overall she wanted a vintage feel to the look. I wanted to create a very flawless glow to the skin with a 60's inspired liner and high pony tail with a soft pop of pink on the lip.

This look was all about perfect skin. Using a combination of Illamasqua's skinbase foundation and Mac's strobe cream I was able to achieve a polished look to the skin without looking to fake or mask like. 


To create the perfect lip I focused on creating clean edges first. Using a wide brush I applied the colour using the shape of the brush as a guide. This allowed me to achieve a really crisp edge to the lip with no jagged lines. 


The models hair was naturally short and Natasha wanted me to incorporate a long thick hair piece to create a super sleek long pony tail. She wanted the pony to have a strong upward structure. To start with I found this difficult due to the weight of the hair piece. Instead of just relying on the metal band to hold the structure forward I experimented and pushed a disposable mascara wand through the middle which helped to hold the structure in place above the head.


This shoot incorporated a variety of different pastel shades which fits incredibly well within the development of my brand imagery. Although I feel the makeup on this particular shoot is to strong for my brand imagery it was a great way to develop imagery that can be used to inspire my future designs.


The vintage feel to the images is well suited to the vintage Parisian feel Paul & Joe display with their products. When shooting my final looks I would like to use soft lighting in order to imitate this overall feel across all of the images. 


Patterns are also a key feature within Paul & Joe's products which cross over from their clothing line to their beauty line. I want to create my own paintings and drawings to inspire my makeup designs and colour pallettes. Each final image will be created with an influence from a image I have created. These paintings will also feature the specific colour palette for each look.


No comments:

Post a Comment