Saturday 3 May 2014


LORNA PRATT BRAND – PAUL&JOE

Project Evaluation
Despite a few issues during the duration of the project with teaching this unit has allowed my to develop my technical ability within makeup and hair to a high standard. I have used primary research on collaborative shoots to develop specific skills required to achieve highly polished final outcomes. Working to produce makeup looks with other creative has pushed me out of my comfort zone, allowing me to produce looks I would usually steer clear of. This shoots also made no room for mistakes, so instead of just quickly practising looks before my own shoots I have practised my makeup looks to achieve a professional finish.
Having a variety of different artists in from industry has taught me priceless skills in a very short space of time. With out them I would not have the technical knowledge used in order to produce the looks I created.
Within my final imagery I feel I have used a variety of different skills to produce looks that are very different from each other, but still work well together for my brand portfolio. Developing a theme was key in order to produce the looks so they would be consistent. I really enjoyed the brief as it gave us the opportunity to work how we would in industry.
I have taken my makeup application from a very creative artistic style to a highly polished beauty finish. Focusing on perfect application and learning how to create different effects using a variety of products. I feel this was also demonstrated within my timed assessment piece, although still creative, I feel I achieved a look that still looks professional and polished. Knowing what effect each product was going to create was key to creating this look within the time we were given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment